It’s that time of year again and we couldn’t be more excited for this year’s Upper Cumberland Tennessee Senior Olympic District events. The Tennessee Senior Olympics began in 1981 with a mission that has continued for more than 30 years: to promote healthy lifestyles for seniors through fitness, sport and active involvement in life.
Registration is now open. We have two registration options. You can register online by visiting fairparkseniorcenter.org, click on the TN Senior Olympics tab then click on the “online registration” link. Or you can visit one of the event locations to pick up a registration pack.
The deadline for registration is August 20. If you have any questions, call Fair Park Senior Center.
The dates and times of the events are:
• Thursday, September 1 — Golf (Bear Trace Golf Course)
Noon, free lunch; 1 p.m., shotgun start
• Monday, September 5 — Bowling (Bowling Lanes)
9 a.m., doubles; noon, mixed doubles
• Wednesday, September 7 — Tennis (Fairfield Glade Racquet Center)
11:30 a.m., singles; 1:30 p.m., doubles
• Thursday 8 September — Tennis (Fairfield Glade Racquet Center)
11:30 a.m., mixed doubles
• Monday, September 12 — Bowling (Bowling World-Cookeville)
9 a.m., singles
Swimming (YMCA of Putnam County)
2 p.m., all events
• Tuesday, September 13 — Pickleball (Fairfield Glade Racquet Center)
9 a.m., singles; 12:30 p.m., mixed doubles
• Wednesday, September 14 — Pickleball (Fairfield Glade Racquet Center)
9 a.m., double
• Thursday, September 15 — Billiards (Fair Park Senior Center)
8 a.m., departure
• Friday, September 16 — Basketball (Stone Memorial High)
10:30 a.m., free throw; 11:30 a.m., 3-point shot; 12:30 p.m., 3 against 3 (men and women)
• Saturday, September 17 — Table tennis (Fairfield Glade multipurpose building)
9 a.m., singles; 10:30 a.m., doubles; noon, mixed doubles
• Monday, September 19 — Softball pitch (Centennial Park), noon
Horseshoes (Centennial Park Back Arena), 2 p.m.
• Tuesday, September 20 — Shuffleboard (Fentress County Senior Center)
9 a.m., singles
• Wednesday, September 21 — Shuffleboard (Fentress County Senior Center)
9 a.m., double
• Thursday, September 22 — Disc Golf (Cane Creek Park)
• Monday, September 26 — Chair Volleyball (Community Complex)
• Tuesday, September 27 — Corn Hole (community complex)
Noon, singles; 2 p.m., double
• Saturday October 8 – Athletics (Cumberland County High)
9 a.m., all events (rain date—Sunday, Oct. 9 at 9 a.m.)
Let’s make this year our best year yet!
* * *
From July 18, we will expand our computer courses. We will be running basic computer classes every Monday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. by reservation only. On Tuesdays, we will also have private lessons by reservation only.
Call if you want to know more or to reserve your place.
If you’re 60 or older and looking to make new friends and get involved in your community, look no further.
Come and see us to take a tour of our facilities and take a monthly calendar. There are no membership fees or dues, and we have something for everyone.